Condensation Solutions understands that the information you trust us with is important to you and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect your personal information during the course of providing services to you, under what circumstances we may disclose your personal information to others, and how we keep it secure.
The information that is shared with Condensation Solutions is limited to a select number of employees within the company on a need to know basis only. We constantly review our policies, systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers.
• We only collect personal information about you where it is completely necessary or you have consented, and we ensure that we only collect information that we need.
• We will not send you marketing material unless you have given us permission to do so.
• We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party unless required by law to do so. We will not use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by Condensation Solutions will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
• We may use third party suppliers to help us provide an excellent service to you. Where we share personal information with those suppliers, we have the appropriate contracts or controls in place, which will assess the security of their processing arrangements.
• We will protect your personal information with an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures. All data collected is stored on a secure server and kept confidential.
• You have rights to your information.
• We will endeavour to keep your personal information only for as long as we have to.
• If you have a complaint, please see how to contact us in Section 10
• If you have any questions about how we process your information, please see how to contact us in Section 12
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We need information about you to understand what your requirements are and to offer you the correct products from our range of services. We need to collect information from you to do this and to offer you the right product for your circumstances.
This can include personal information about you and other people who may be working on your project, information that we collect automatically, and personal information we collect from other sources.
The information we collect is normally restricted to include:
• Name (s)
• Contact details (postal address, email address, telephone numbers)
• Project information relating to relevant properties
2. WHY WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect your personal information for a number of reasons: so we can provide you with a quote, improve the products and services we offer, and inform you of other products you may be interested in.
To process your information we rely mainly on the following legal bases:
Performance of a contract: The use of your information is necessary to perform the contract that you have with us.
Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the most suitable products, website experience, emails or newsletters, or to improve and promote our products and services, along with administrative purposes.
Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain products or for direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting us at the address provided at the end of this Policy.
3. HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We use the personal information we collect for a number of reasons. These include:
• To meet our contractual obligations to you, including to give you advice or guidance and to provide you with a quote for any necessary services we provide
• To provide you with information relating to our website, products or our services that you request from us and that we feel may be of interest to you
• To help us improve our products and services, our prices and our customer experience through analytics, reporting and testing, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website
• To contact you, if we need to tell you there is a defect with any product you have purchased
• To sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research
• If you give us permission, we will collect information from you about your experience with Condensation Solutions to use as a case study. You will be provided with a copy of this article and will have the right to confirm you are happy with any wording before it is published. This information may be circulated in one of our publications, or shared with the press. It may include:
– Names and titles
– Details about your project
4. INFORMATION THAT WE SHARE
Under normal circumstances we will only share your information with third party service providers, including sales agents and installation technicians. However in certain circumstances, we may share your information:
• Where required by law, with third parties such as regulatory or Government bodies
• Where fulfilling our contractual obligations to you requires it, for example, to follow up on engineering inspections or survey findings
• With third party IT providers who support us in hosting, transferring, processing, testing and problem resolving. This enables us to provide you the services and products you need.
• With third parties in relation to other activities, such as training that we carry out
• With third party printers, distributers, and courier services in order to deliver you documentation and marketing campaigns
• With our social media management platform providers if you enter one of our social media competitions or contact Condensation Solutions through social media
• With third party organisations who help us to research and analyse our product and service offerings, so that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service. You may opt out of this by contacting us using the details provided at the end of this Policy
We would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We will collect your information for marketing purposes, if you agree, when you obtain a quote, request a survey, purchase a product of us, enter into a competition or provide your personal information through the Condensation Solutions website. We may also purchase your data from third-party providers.
If you enter one of our competitions, we will collect your information in order to randomly select a winner and send out their prize.
To stop us contacting you for marketing write to Data Protection Officer, Condensation Solutions, 1 Gracemount Park, Belfast, BT8 6GS or talk to your local agent.
6. INFORMATION SECURITY
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information at all times. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy.
7. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE
Cookies help us understand how you use our websites, view our products and respond to our advertising, so we can tailor direct marketing and enhance our overall product and service offering to you. When you visit our websites, we may record your device information including IP address, hardware and software used, general location, and when and how you interact with our websites.
This information is retained and used to note your interest in our products and to improve customer experience. When you receive direct marketing from us by email, we may use technology or links to determine how you use our direct marketing, and your interest in it.
Condensation Solutions take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of the information that you provide us with, however you accept that there are risks to dealing online and that Condensation Solutions will not be held liable for any breach unless it was due to negligence on our part.
7.1 Log Files: www.condensationsolutions.co.uk follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
7.2 Cookies and Web Beacons: Like any other website, www.condensationsolutions.co.uk uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Note that www.condensationsolutions.co.uk has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
7.5 Children’s Information: Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
www.condensationsolutions.co.uk does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
8. YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have a number of rights with regards to the personal information that we hold about you, which you will have provided as part of taking up a quote or service with us.
Right of Access: You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We will provide you with this information within one month of receiving your request and verifying your identity. If the request is complex, we may extend the response time. We will inform you if this is the case and explain why. Please note that any request for this information may be subject to payment of £10 which covers our administrative costs. Please contact us if you wish to make such a request.
Right to Rectification: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct, update or remove information you think is inaccurate or incomplete, and we ask that you inform us promptly of any changes to your circumstances.
Right to Erasure: You may also ask us to erase your personal information from our systems, in certain circumstances. There are some specific circumstances where the right to erasure does not apply and we are permitted to hold your data. We will explain the reason for this at the time, should this occur.
Right to Restricting processing: You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. We will inform our third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal data that they must also restrict processing. We will inform you when the restriction on processing your personal data ends.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please write to us, using the details provided at the end of this Policy, outlining your specific request.
9. RETAINING YOUR DATA
Condensation Solutions, and the information we collect about you, are subject to various regulatory and legislative requirements. In addition, we will endeavour not to keep your personal information for longer than we have to for us to fulfil our obligations to you. Where it is not possible for us to delete your data, we will ensure the appropriate security and organisational measures are put in place to protect the use of your information.
In line with new General Data Protection Regulations, Condensation Solutions maintain a Register of Processing Activity and a Disposal Schedule which enable us to manage your personal data in a safe and effective manner.
We work hard to ensure that your personal information is treated safely and securely. However, if you have a complaint, write to us using the details provided at the end of this Policy. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
12. WHO TO CONTACT IN RELATION TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AT CONDENSATION SOLUTIONS
Condensation Solutions controls the processing of personal data on its systems. If you would like to discuss anything in relation to this policy or how we handle your personal information, you can reach the Data Protection Officer for Condensation Solutions by writing to:
Data Protection Officer,
1 Gracemount Park,